Le 03/04/2018 à 19:44, Dennis Gilmore a écrit :
> El mar, 03-04-2018 a las 17:07 +0000, Stephen Gallagher escribió:
>> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:39 PM Christian Glombek <c@petersen-glombek
>> .de> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I'd be happy to maintain NextCloud!I have already done the
>>> packaging work for NC v13 and v13.0.1, and various dependencies.
>>> Unfortunately there is no upgrade path from the EOL'd v10 rpm that
>>> is in Fedora right now, which seems to be somewhat of a blocker.
>>> I'd happily support upgrades from v13 but I have no interest in
>>> packaging old versions (I might reconsider if dependency bundling
>>> were allowed for these "upgrade path" rpms).
>>
>> Could you explain more about what you would need to do to clean the
>> upgrade path from v10? I'm not sure what you meant above.
>
> nextcloud requires that in order to get to nextcloud 13 from 10, you
> upgrade to 11 then to 12 then finally to 13. you have to run the
> upgrade process in order to keep things working. they do not support
> skipping versions
> Dennis

So, I don't think we can update the package from 10 to 13, thus breaking
all user installations.

I see 2 possible way

The classical one

- create nextcloud11, nextcloud12 and nextcloud13 packages and also
future versions, older can be removed when EOLed by upstream (so
nextcloud + nextcloud10 removed in F29)

The new one (F28+)

- create a nextcloud module with 1 stream per version, following
upstream life cycle

Remi