On 06/28/2018 03:42 PM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
The Python 3.7 rebuild in the f29-python side tag is currently:

  - 2168 built
  - ~170 FTBFS
  - ~120 blocked by dependencies that FTBFS

Ideally, this would all get fixed before the merge, but that's unrealistic, there are packages that are FTBFS for unrelated reasons, etc.

What is the criterion to merge the side tag?

The critpath installs fine (except stuff that cannot be installed due to yum-deprecated vs yum collisions and gnome-software that has some broken dependency on PackageKit).

Stuff that doesn't build and sounds important:

  - ceph (also FTBFS in regular rawhide)
  - libreoffice (also FTBFS in regular rawhide)
  - orca (blocked by pyatspi, looking at it ATM)
  - kernel-tools

I think it's fine to merge this with some broken dependencies remaining.
I would concentrate on getting those builds fixed that are in the
default install (Server, Workstation), with the goal being to keep
nightly composes working.

After that, I'd merge it immediately and continue the rebuilds in
rawhide proper.

Side tags that have a lot of packages start quickly diverging from
rawhide when people do regular rawhide updates and I think it's least
painful to aggressively merge this back to rawhide once it's good enough
(doesn't break default install composes).

Kalev