Hi,
during a discussion with upstream (MongoDB) they asked me about default
Fedora C/C++ build flags. And I don't remember all Fedora System Wide
changes where it was introduced,... so is there some place where it's
described?

Main upstream question was:
"""
I don't know what is in those various hardening scripts, so hard to say
what they do. I am somewhat interested in whether you think we should
be applying these flags for our hardened builds. Do you have some
guidance on the runtime costs?

    -fstack-clash-protection
    -D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
    -fcf-protection

I'm also curious about why you are applying -fexceptions and
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables. The first seems unnecessary for a C++
project, and the second seems potentially interesting, if you have some
context on why it is applied.
"""

So some link or explanation in this thread (which I can link to
upstream) would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Marek

(link to upstream issue - https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-35935)