On Mon, Sep 3, 2018, 09:13 Ron Yorston <r...@frippery.org> wrote:

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> >On Sun, 2018-09-02 at 08:58 -0700, stan wrote:

> >> Whoa!  I'm not sure what that buys, but I'll change that as soon as
> >> possible when I install it.  That's crazy!  Maybe someone wants to
> >> imitate a Mac or something.
> >
> >It's a Change that was properly announced and extensively discussed on
> >this list.
>
> Since some Fedora users may not read this list, I hope that these
> changes will be prominently mentioned in the release documentation.
>
> Preferably for F30 as well as F29 so that users who only update to every
> other release will also receive notification.
>
> Ron

Well, one might argue that users who really want to run pre-beta releases
of fedora are also expected to follow the discussions and announcements
here.
fedora 29 really isn't ready for end users yet (as witnessed by this
thread) - it's not even in beta after all - so if you don't (or can't) keep
up with the news and development discussions, you really shouldn't be
running fedora 29 yet IMO.

I know that doesn't help rescue the borked systems, but running
alpha-quality code is bound to lead to problems, and users are expected to
be able to deal with them - otherwise they should stick to stable releases.

Fabio