On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 01:21:52PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> > plan to
> > first
> > > >

> > > Please don't stop this update. There will be few required fixes in this
> > > megaupdate which we need early to test.
> >
> >   Can you get exceptions for specific packages fixing specific bugs?
> >

> Of course, that's what the Freeze Exception process is for. Propose a bug
> as a blocker or freeze exception using
> https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/propose_bug

  Actually, what I've meant:
  instead of landing whole bunch of new packages, identify a relation
between reported bugs and specific package.  Then apply for FE for specific
bugs/package combination, and if granted, include it in update.
  It should be possible, as there are “few required fixes”, so I assume
the issues fixed are tracked in bugs.

  In other words, put in only packages fixing known bugs. Do not put
everything that GNOME Project released as 3.30.

  Also, Fedora is much more than Workstation now. There is server,
cloud, and other editions. We shouldn't circumvent our processes for
some collection of packages important for one edition only.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."