> Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>

> what rule is that?
>
> -- Rex

Maybe our guidelines [*] about bundling and duplication is threatened with
modularity.
Last but not least, if there's a CVE or soname bump in whatever library, we'd
need to rebuild the whole modularity stack depending. That would mean to
request more traffic to the end users with all the updates, this coordination
needs communication.
Without modularity, we've to just rebuild the affected library package(s) in
case of CVE and it'd be mostly done.

Of course, we shouldn't base the process on one or two maintainers only to be
expected to handle the whole dependencies stack, java packaging is indeed a
good example.

Regards, Raphael

[*]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bundling_and_Duplication_of_system_libraries