On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:51:57AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Do, 18.10.18 11:34, Kamil Paral (kpa...@redhat.com) wrote:
>
> > > We merged the PR that bumps RLIMIT_NOFILE to 256K into systemd
> > > upstream yesterday. It should trickle into Fedora and the other
> > > distros as soon as we do the next release.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/10244
> >
> > Lennart, Zbyszek, would it be possible to backport the change also to F29's
> > systemd (F28 as well would be ideal), so that Wine esync/Steam Proton works
> > for people out of the box earlier than on F30?
>
> Quite frankly I'd wait a bit so that people can test this first across
> the various development distros, before we propagate this to stable
> distros.

Yeah, this needs to be tested in rawhide first for a while before
being pushed to stable Fedora.

That said, I think we should be able to update systemd to v240 during
the lifetime of F29. We have been putting a lot of effort into
maintaining backwards compatibility in all changes being done in
systemd upstream, and I'm optimistic that we can make systemd 240
compatible enough to be updated in F29. This would be the first time.

Zbyszek