On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
But there are some good cases for a longer lifecycle. For one thing,
this has been a really big blocker for getting Fedora shipped on
hardware. Second, there are people who really could be happily running
Fedora but since we don't check the tickbox, they don't even look at us
seriously. I'd love to change these things. To do that, we need
something that lasts for 36-48 months.

"Canonical Extends Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux Support to 10 Years"

https://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/canonical-extends-ubuntu-18.04-lts-linux-support-to-10-years.html

I just don't see how we're going to be able to compete with that, not unless our Fedora LTS is just CentOS with different branding.

Michael