On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Michael Cronenworth <m...@cchtml.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/19 9:18 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Can we apply the same "flag and remove" approach as currently used in Copr?
>
> I'd rather have a licensing sign-off step. Allow fedora-review to automate
> the spec
> review and build test, but break out the licensing check. Maybe in the future
> we can
> automate that, too, but breaking out the mountain that is package review into
> small rock would still accelerate reviews.

Well, part of fedora-review is running the license check script. I
don't think it would be too difficult to split this off into a
separate automated step, that runs over the src.rpm on the Bugzilla
ticket. Obviously this won't catch everything, but it can at least
alert the submitter (and any potential reviewers) to obvious licensing
problems. Perhaps if the license check passes, then the rest of the
review automation could run; otherwise, it has to be manually
triggered.

Or maybe we could just make the review automation use copr directly,
rather than koji, if it's easier to remove things from copr? The
packages/builds could then be deleted from copr once the package gets
approved (or removed if the review is closed WONTFIX, or something).

Ben Rosser