On 25/01/19 15:57 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
With enormous thanks to Denis Arnaud for doing the actual boost.spec
rebase, we're ready to update Boost in rawhide, for this change:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F30Boost169

As always, this changes the soname of every libboost_*.so library, so
we'll be rebuilding all the packages that link to Boost libs. These
rebuilds will happen on the f30-boost side tag, and once they're all
done everything will move to the main f30 target all at once.

I'm nearly done with the Boost rebuilds.

Several packages have been patched so they link to the new names for
the Boost.Python libs. -lboost_python becomes -lboost_python27 and
-lboost_python3 becomes -lboost_python37. I'm still fixing some
occurrences of that.

Several packages build OK on all targets except armv7hl, where they
get unit test failures. Those should get fixed by the new gcc landing
in the buildroot soon (and I probably won't rebuild them, but will let
the mass rebuild handle them).

The following packages use Boost.Signals which is been REMOVED from
Boost. The packages must be updated to use Boost.Signals2 (or bundle
an old Boost).

Maintainers by package:
ekiga                mcrha pbrobinson
freecad              hobbes1069 jkastner zultron
gazebo               rmattes
pingus               limb
spring               gilboa rmattes
swift                jkaluza

Packages by maintainer:
gilboa     spring
hobbes1069 freecad
jkaluza    swift
jkastner   freecad
limb       pingus
mcrha      ekiga
pbrobinson ekiga
rmattes    gazebo spring
zultron    freecad

The following packages fail to build because of -Werror. Your package
is bad and you should feel bad:

Maintainers by package:
colobot              suve
gnucash              notting
mstflint             dledford honli jirka jstanley michich
qpid-cpp             irina nsantos

Packages by maintainer:
dledford   mstflint
honli      mstflint
irina      qpid-cpp
jirka      mstflint
jstanley   mstflint
michich    mstflint
notting    gnucash
nsantos    qpid-cpp
suve       colobot

The following packages fail to build because boost::tribool is no
longer impicitly convertible to bool (and so the conversion must be
done explicitly with a cast). I'll try to fix these if I have time:

Maintainers by package:
dyninst              fche jistone lberk orion scox wcohen
fts                  andreamanzi simonm
mkvtoolnix           itamarjp kwizart mso rathann
openscad             churchyard
wesnoth              bruno limb pwalter

Packages by maintainer:
andreamanzi fts