Hey Germano,

I have a working RPM that does not error out with Error! Could not locate
dkms.conf file if you want to test it out before I push it to copr.

https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/jdoss/wireguard-testing/fedora-29-x86_64/00852015-wireguard-dkms/wireguard-dkms-0.0.20190123-2.fc29.noarch.rpm

It is an issue with DKMS as I suspected. `%post` runs before the new package's
`%preun` and the --rpm_safe_upgrade isn't working as it should.
https://github.com/dell/dkms/issues/25#issuecomment-360275619. I followed this
post's suggestion and moved from %post to %posttrans and this issue no longer
happens. It feels hacky and I might spend some more time this weekend trying to
find a better solution. ZFS worked around it with a bunch of bash
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/blob/master/rpm/generic/zfs-dkms.spec.in#L74-L102
  so that might be what we try down the road.

If anyone on the list has a better idea on how to work around this issue please
let me know.