On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 03:15:32PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:11:34AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > In this case it's koji.
> >
> > For every package in the mass rebuild (f31-pending tag) robosign asks
> > koji "hey, is foobar-1.0.1-1.fc31 signed' ? koji checks... "yes, it is".
> > robosign: "great, then I ask you to write out the signed rpms now"
> > koji: "ok, writing them out to disk again"
> >
> > it's mostly this last step thats slow. I am not sure if koji is just
> > seeing if they were written out and returning, or actually re-writing
> > them out. It seems like it might be the latter, which makes me suspect
> > koji could optimize this somewhat.
>
> It's still taking a long time today to get builds through Koji and
> into Rawhide.  Is there a reason we need to sign builds in Rawhide?

  Because administrator of Fedora infrastructure run rawhide on laptops, and we
don't want them to be easily* hackable.

  * or maybe not easily, but easier than users of regular releases

--
Tomasz Torcz       ,,(...) today's high-end is tomorrow's embedded processor.''
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl                      -- Mitchell Blank on LKML