On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 17:32, Omair Majid <oma...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pavel Raiskup <prais...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > CentOS 8 repositories are now available, so @msuchy released new
> > `mock-core-configs` (see updates-testing), and so we were allowed to enable
> > epel-8 chroots in Copr!  Feel free to build against them.
>
> First, of all, thanks! This is great new!
>
> I wanted to try this out. I tried building a package in copr against
> epel-8 and it seems to be missing some packages.
>
> This is the EPEL 8 build:
> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/@dotnet-sig/dotnet-preview/epel-8-x86_64/01040196-dotnet3.0/
>
> root.log.gz says: No matching package to install: 'lttng-ust-devel'
>
> But I know lttng-ust-devel exists in RHEL 8. It was also built by CentOS
> 8 here: https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1299
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

There are 3 repositories needed to allow software to build in RHEL-8.
The package you are wanting is in RHEL-8's code ready builder which
was renamed PowerTools in EPEL for product reasons. (Code Ready is a
product line of Red Hat versus just a thing). It looks like the
PowerTools repository isn't added.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.