Yes, dependent packages should use %{fpc_arches}. FPC itself doesn't do that.

I imagine the reason is that this allows us to add new architectures to FPC and
do some trial-and-error builds of FPC without affecting dependent packages - if
FPC itself used %{fpc_arches}, then adding new architectures to FPC would
require updating fpc-rpm-macros, and that would make all dependent packages
fail to build, since the new-arch builds would fail with "Package not found:
fpc" until we got FPC available on those.