On Monday, December 2, 2019 12:46:30 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> It's almost 2020, and I shouldn't have to pick and choose between
> remote access and securing user data at rest by default.

You don't have to. Data at rest would mean that your system is powered off, or
suspended to disk. You can have that now with full disk encryption, just as I
do. Depending on your system, you can actually encrypt the entire disk such
that you don't even have a partition table. I do this with my X200 Tablet,
where GRUB is loaded from flash, which decrypts my disk, and then mounts ZFS
mountpoints, swaps on a ZFS zdev.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity