On Saturday, January 4, 2020 4:48:04 AM MST drago01 wrote:
> And btw we should really update the minimum memory requirements in our
> documentation, the current ones have nothing to do with reality (if you
> want a pleasant user experience).

That is not necessary, at all. I'm running Fedora on a 2009 Core 2 Duo system
with 2 GiB of RAM, and have not had any issues, after disabling the compositor
in Plasma. My daily driver is an X200 Tablet with 4 GiB of RAM, similarly.
These amounts are more than sufficient for most users, and Firefox has never
led my system to an OOM event. The only time I've ever run into an OOM on this
system was while compiling some poorly written software (that I wrote, years
ago).

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity