Hi,

I'd like to ask around if anyone would be willing to take ownership of
the python3-urlgrabber package and its upstream repository[1]?

For historical reasons, the project is de facto maintained by us, the
DNF team (with the upstream repo hosted in our GitHub namespace).
However, with the community's departure from YUM (which depended on
urlgrabber) a few years back, we no longer have the incentive or
capacity to keep the project alive, and are considering deprecating it
in the near future, unless someone takes over.

Now, urlgrabber has recently[2] been ported to Python 3, in an effort
to maintain its legacy as a standalone general-purpose URL library,
authored[3] by Jochen Breuer of SUSE in November, 2018.  It's the only
component of the legacy YUM stack that wasn't dropped[4] from the
distro in Fedora 31.  In addition to that, there currently is one last
component in Fedora that requires the package; koji-containerbuild.

That said, I'd like to address this request especially to Jochen and
the maintainers of koji-containerbuild.  Please, let us know if you
(or anyone, really) would be interested in the transfer.

Thank you!

Michal

[1] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/urlgrabber
[2]