I couldn't find an answer in the Packaging Guidelines, so I'm writing here.

My question is as follows: looking at the various icon-theme packages in
Fedora, they seem to adhere to the following directory hierarchy:
- 16x16
| - apps
| - emblems
| - (other categories)
- 32x32
| - (categories)
- (other sizes)

However, looking through some icon packs on the Internet, many authors use the
following hierarchy instead:
- apps
| - 16px
| - 32px
| - (other sizes)
- mimetypes
| - (sizes)
- (other categories)

Is there any kind of preference in Fedora for the first option, so that one
should move the files around to match it, or should the directory hierarchy be
left they way upstream does it? I guess since the "index.theme" file lists all
the paths, it doesn't matter from a technical standpoint, but I still thought
it'd be better to ask.