Hi all,

before going off an filing a bug, I wanted to gather some input.  I
added a battery  for the RTC to one of my ARM boards, in testing that
it was working as expected I booted the system I noticed the following

[root@localhost ~]# date
Wed 01 Apr 2020 05:24:35 PM UTC
[root@localhost ~]# hwclock
2020-04-08 15:15:29.146007+00:00

trying to sync the clock I get

[root@localhost ~]# hwclock --hctosys --verbose
hwclock from util-linux 2.35.1
System Time: 1585762054.571276
Trying to open: /dev/rtc0
Using the rtc interface to the clock.
Last drift adjustment done at 1585761886 seconds after 1969
Last calibration done at 1585761886 seconds after 1969
Hardware clock is on local time
Assuming hardware clock is kept in local time.
Waiting for clock tick...
...got clock tick
Time read from Hardware Clock: 2020/04/08 15:18:25
Hw clock time : 2020/04/08 15:18:25 = 1586359105 seconds since 1969
Time since last adjustment is 597219 seconds
Calculated Hardware Clock drift is 0.000000 seconds
Calling settimeofday(NULL, 0) to set persistent_clock_is_local.
Calling settimeofday(1586359105.000000, 0)
hwclock: settimeofday() failed: Invalid argument
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.31-2.fc32.aarch64

I came across https://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnu@gnu.org/msg02694.html
which to me indicates that the API used by hwclock is being removed
and it needs updating. I wanted to get a better understanding of what
is going on, and if it should be considered as a blocker for f32. I
tested and the bug exists on x86 and arm and would exist on other
arches also if the network is connected at boot it should not matter
as ntp/chrony would do the right thing. However, without network, the
date and time would be broken, potentially off so much that when
network is connected dnf will not work.

Dennis