While I understand the mechanism, I think that this needs to be communicated
more clearly. I've been a packager for close to 3 years now and I admit until I
read this e-mail I wasn't quite sure whether "no updates after EOL" meant "you
can't submit stuff to bodhi", or whether it meant "the updates repo is frozen
solid, whatever didn't make it in, well shucks". (As we can see, it's the
latter.)

This got me thinking - could we maybe make bodhi issue some kinda warning?
Similar to how you get an e-mail when the package goes from pending to testing
to stable, maybe bodhi could also give you a warning about impending EOL.
Fedora packages need 7 days in testing (unless they get karma), and the
pending->testing and testing->stable pushes take some time, so let's say 10
days - 10 days before EOL, bodhi stars adding a fat warning to the packages
that says "better get that karma, 'cause if this ain't gonna make it to stable
before YYYY-MM-DD, it'll go down the drain".