On 10/22/20 2:51 PM, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
Hi, Vit.
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:37 PM Vít Ondruch<vondr...@redhat.com>  wrote:
I was asking for ELN branch for ages and it was always denied and there
you have it [1]. So what is the current stance on this topic?
You were asking for a branch to overcome the issue with building a
package in ELN. And we have a suggestion for the alternative solution
which wouldn't require maintaining a separate eln branch forever.

For gcc we are using a temporary branch for the development of a new
feature in Fedora.
I would have named it "gcc11" branch rather than "eln", but it is a
bikeshedding exercise.

This is not about naming / bikeshedding. Whatever you call it, this is a "branch used exclusively to build in ELN". Vít wanted this, I wanted this and many other Fedora/RHEL packagers wanted this. Yet you argued so passionately against it. For example you said:

I think that not having eln-branch is very important part of the
concept as we don't want to fork Fedora.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/WRJNM7I5TFQ5TEBOUKKH757K5ME3I47F/

But there were countless other arguments against having such branches. Have the situation changed? Can other packages have eln branches as well?

--
Miro Hrončok