On 11/5/20 1:44 PM, Michal Schorm wrote:
On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 10:55 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
Are there packages that require rebuilding? E.g. I see that some packages
require libmariadbd.so.19. What is the plan regarding them?

Packages that require the server (embedded) library
"libmariadbd.so.19" are the only one that might need rebuild.
Currently this is only a single package 'amarok', so I can cooperate
with its maintainer if rebuild would be needed.

The changes between the server embedded library between MariaDB 10.4
and 10.5 shouldn't be significant, other than added functionality.
I have to check the ABI compatibility to be sure. If the functionality
would be only extended, the dependent package might not need rebuild
at all; though it still would get one during some mass rebuild.

I added my above reply to the Self Contained Change.

Thank You.

My only remaining concern is the contingency mechanism (which is discussed elsewhere in this thread).

--
Miro Hrončok