On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 6:30 PM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 06:19:41PM -0500, Mohan Boddu wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 7:18 PM Petr Menšík <pemen...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I were unable to find time in the schedule, at which the new F35 GPG key
> > > would be activated to sign new builds.
> >
> > It will be done a week before mass branching, but we are thinking of
> > doing it a bit earlier to give more time.
>
> I think we should make the f36 key right now and add it to fedora-repos
> and push it out to all branches. Then, when we get to f35 branching, we
> make the f37 key (ie, we stay 6 months ahead).

This works except for once a blue moon kinda corner case like for
example F35 key, it is sha 256 whereas the other older keys are sha1
keys. So, if we go with creating a release key 6 months in advance we
might have to stick with old versioned keys. Again, this doesn't
happen often but I just wanted to put it out there.