On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 09:34:49PM +0100, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> Dnia Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 03:26:53PM -0500, Brandon Nielsen napisał(a):
> > On 3/26/21 3:24 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 02:48:39PM -0400, Christopher wrote:
> > [Snip]
> > >
> > > This is pretty common in my experience; it seems like password managers
> > > should support this pattern.
> > >

> > I can't say I have ever appended an OTP to a regular password, and I use 2FA
> > everywhere I can.
>
>   I second that. I've only seen OTP appending on FreeIPA's
> implementation of 2FA. Everywhere else it's first a normal password
> prompt, then second for 2FA code (or push notification to phone, which
> is way easier for user).

Notification via sms is... not too secure. ;(

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3g8wb/hacker-got-my-texts-16-dollars-sakari-netnumber

IMHO, it would be nice for more things to move to webauthn / U2F /
whatever they call it today. (Basically just press the button on your
yubikey or whatever when required to prove you are the one who has it).

kevin