On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 3:55 PM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 10.04.2021 23:16, PGNet Dev wrote:
> > https://systemd.io/BOOT_LOADER_SPECIFICATION/#type-1-boot-loader-specification-entries
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-boot.html
>
> I think the Extended Boot Loader Partition is not suitable for Fedora
> yet because it does not support symlinks (FAT32 by specification)

"$BOOT must be a file system readable by the firmware"

That condition is met by efifs, ergo by wrapping GRUB file system
modules as EFI file system drivers. For non-UEFI, in effect, the spec
insists that $BOOT is FAT. And I think that's fine for systemd-boot to
implement a subset of the spec and have such a requirement, it is not
OK for the spec to have arbitrary requirements.

>and
> Fedora's grub2 contains at least one:
>
> $ sudo file /boot/grub2/grubenv
> /boot/grub2/grubenv: symbolic link to ../efi/EFI/fedora/grubenv

grubenv and grub.cfg are no longer on the ESP, starting with Fedora
34. Both are located in /boot/grub2/ as a result of:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/UnifyGrubConfig

--
Chris Murphy