On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 12:35, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30 2021 at 10:59:22 AM -0500, Ron Olson
> <tachokni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hm, so does that mean it was packaged specifically for CentOS so it
> > presumably shows up in the CentOS repos?
>
> No, content flow is the reverse in el8:
>
> RHEL 8 (upstream) -> CentOS Stream 8 (downstream)
>
> Whereas for el9 the flow is:
>
> CentOS Stream 9 (upstream) -> RHEL 9 (downstream)
>
> Anyway you can see the shiny new cmake is in CentOS Stream 8, so can
> guess it's probably going to be included in RHEL 8.4, which we've just
> publicly announced will be released imminently. What I do not know is
> how long it will take to reach the EPEL buildroot, because I don't know
> how the buildroot is composed.

The buildroot for RHEL-8 is whatever was synced down from Red Hat at ~0330
UTC that day* (and then grobisplit at 10:00 UTC later).  That usually means
that within 24 hours of a minor release, koji has all those packages and is
building from it.

* sometimes we need to hand run it because of some sort of failure.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in