Hello,

Apologies if you find the subject line vague or misleading, I couldn't
figure out what to write. I've been trying to debug a transient
pipewire issue so that I can file a bug report, but I keep stumbling
from one roadblock to the next.

When the problem occurs, pipewire receives a SIGSEGV and dies, e.g.
kernel: pipewire[2239]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000000000 sp
00007fc634298998 error 14 in pipewire[55d7316d0000+1000]
kernel: Code: Unable to access opcode bytes at RIP 0xffffffffffffffd6.

At that point, abrt tries to get gdb to process the core dump, which
fails because it wants to open a sound device:
audit[7970]: AVC avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=7970 comm="gdb"
name="pcmC0D0p" dev="devtmpfs" ino=594
scontext=system_u:system_r:abrt_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
tcontext=system_u:object_r:sound_device_t:s0 tclass=chr_file
permissive=0

Should gdb be able to read from a sound device?

There seems to be a problem in impl_node_process.lto_priv.0, but a) I
can't reproduce it at will and b) abrt can't send a report to someone
who knows what they're doing because it can't process the core dump.

Having root logged in a terminal, I tried to check the state of
pipewire.service:
systemctl --machine=myuser@.host --user status pipewire.service

to which I got the reply:
Failed to get properties: Transport endpoint is not connected

Am I doing something wrong here? How is root supposed to control (or
just check on) userspace systemd services? I've also tried the
loopback address and my actual IP instead of .host, but no luck with
them either. The user can run all the systemctl --user commands just
fine.

By the way, what is the proper, Fedora way to restart pipewire? Is
$ systemctl --user restart pipewire.service
what I should be doing?

I haven't had to bother with a userspace systemd service before, so
going down that rabbit hole, at some point I started messing with
machinectl, and apparently, running something seemingly innocuous such
as "machinectl list-images --all" triggers a SELinux denial. But not
always…
The message I'm seeing is this:
audit[1079]: AVC avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=1079
comm="systemd-machine" name="/" dev="dm-1" ino=2
scontext=system_u:system_r:systemd_machined_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:root_t:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0

setroubleshoot tells me that if I want to allow daemons to dump core,
then I should enable the 'daemons_dump_core' boolean. I don't know if
I want to, do I need to do that in order to dive deeper into my
pipewire issue? How is listing the images on a system related to
allowing demons to dump core though?

If anyone can shed some light on any of the above, please do.
Again, sorry for the messy subject and the even messier post.

Best regards