Hi Michel,

On Tue, 2021-07-13 at 17:27 -0700, Michel Alexandre Salim via devel
wrote:
> Now that this is in the Koji builders... would this be sufficient to
> have it enabled for EPEL8 specs as well?
>
> - branch and build python-rpmautospec for EPEL8
> - add Requires: rpmautospec-rpm-macros to epel-rpm-macros in EPEL8
>
> Given that EPEL8 will be around for a while, it sounds like it would be
> of benefits if we can keep the same spec between Rawhide and it. e.g.
> python-TestSlide now uses rpmautospec in the Rawhide branch, and so any
> update in EPEL8 will have to diverge.

in order to use rpmautospec features, it needs to be available on the
builder machines (which are F34) and, for local operations, on the
machine running fedpkg or equivalent. I.e. making it available on EL8
will help people whose work environment is RHEL8 or CentOS 8, it
shouldn't be required to be able to build an EL8 package in our
infrastructure. There seems to be a bug[1] which prevents building EL8
packages that use %autorelease, %autochangelog, which I'm investigating
right now.

I'd be happy to be able to offer rpmautospec client-side on EL8, too,
but as you found out in [2], this needs a newer pygit2 version than
what is available there.

Nils

[1]: https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/202
[2]: https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/204
--
Nils Philippsen / Software Engineer / Red Hat
PGP fingerprint: D0C1 1576 CDA6 5B6E BBAE 95B2 7D53 7FCA E9F6 395D