On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 9:12 AM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <
zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 11:38:12AM -0400, Link Dupont wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 26 2021 at 03:12:24 PM +0000, Zbigniew
> > Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:
> > >True. But those subpackages could just be built from one source
> > >package:
> > >
> > >fedora-backgrounds/f34 => builds all subpackages in the range 21..34
> > >fedora-backgrounds/f35 => builds all subpackages in the range 21..35
> >
> > Assuming this range notation is a half-open interval
>
> Closed on both sides, I think. But we actually have backgrounds for
> earlier releases too, see below.
>
> > , yes, I like
> > this idea. Then each subsequent release could take the wallpapers
> > from its predecessor and create a new subpackage named with the
> > previous version.
>
> I think it'd look like this (e.g. f35 branch):

> %package -n beefy-miracle-backgrounds
> %package -n f21-backgrounds
> %package -n f35-backgrounds
> Provides: fedora-backgrounds    # only when f35 is the latest
>
> and then for f36 this would be extended with:
>
> %package -n f36-backgrounds
> Provides: fedora-backgrounds    # moved here when f36 becomes the latest

Currently, the spec file has subpackages for each desktop environment
though (e.g. f35-backgrounds-gnome, f35-backgrounds-kde, etc.) since they
have to be installed in different places for each background. How would we
handle that in this type of spec file organization?

-Ian