On 9/26/21 01:10, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 5:05 PM Alexander Ploumistos
<alex.ploumis...@gmail.com> wrote:

I will try with a Fedora 34 VM later and report back.

I got pretty much the same results on F34.
I think xdrawchem works better with Open Babel 3 than it does with
Open Babel 2, at least as far as structure cleanup goes (I installed
the current version in F34). With Open Babel 2, SMILES output is also
asterisks and trying InChi output crashes the program, so nothing
changed there.

gnome-chemistry-utils programs can't find the required shared object
files in F34 either.

I moved the openbabel's libraries under a private lib directory. 'desktop' files are modified for working in this sense.

Let me check again Avogadro2.

--
---
Antonio Trande