Neal Gompa wrote:
> The only exception I'm aware of is the KDE Free Qt exception:
> https://kde.org/community/whatiskde/kdefreeqtfoundation/
>
> This exception governs how the license is actually governed, rather
> than how it's executed, though I believe that's where the current
> license stanza comes from.

Some Qt code (as far as I know, some or all of the tools that are
GPL/commercial-only, not LGPL) use this GPL exception:
https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/-/blob/dev/LICENSE.GPL3-EXCEPT

License exception use used to be more widespread before the LGPL option was
introduced. Nowadays, Qt mostly relies on standard GPL and/or LGPL licenses.

        Kevin Kofler