Hi,

for a new project hopefully coming to soon to Fedora,  I like to know the policy for really big data rpms.

The project could offer 18 language files for a voice recognition system, which is ( unpacked ) up to 2.4 GB each and packed upto around 1.6~1.8 GB each.
+ 18 small ones ~50-60 MB each.

So round about, we are talking about 40 GB just for those language packs just for the first release + a lot more for new updates per Fedora version, and those packages grow constantly over time. Of course, users do not need all of them at the same time, but they should be available.

Is this a valid scenario for the Fedoraproject or would this be a nogo?

Best regards,
Marius Schwarz