Hello,

I still think smaller changes might be better propagated using bodhi
system. I know severity is used usually for security updates. But can we
make more user-friendly summaries of enhancement updates? I think it
might be sorted by severity and list only enhancement or newpackage type
updates. Then we could make a nicer summary page with smaller, but still
important changes. I think not only new packages are interesting. But a
good place describing improvements in existing package in compact enough
format is something I miss.

What if we make summary for all enhancement updates, putting first
high-severity updates. That might be rebases including new functionality
for example, which might be useful to users. If only small feature would
be added, maintainer may choose medium or low severity.

It may generate monthly summaries without much additional work for
maintainers. If upstream has a good documentation or blog, it might be
sufficient just few bullets with hyperlink to upstream article
introducing that features. I think often separate Fedora article would
not be required. But do we have any better overview of changes targeted
to end-users? I am not aware of anything good myself.

I think bodhi enhancement is already not bad [1]. Could we propagate it
a bit? Should those updates also include links to Fedora Changes
explicit articles? Could we highlight those referencing them with higher
'importance'? If we would be able to hide minor improvements, I think it
could pretty interesting for checking upcoming releases.

Cheers,
Petr

1. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?releases=F36&type=enhancement

--