On 07. 01. 22 12:18, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 06. 01. 22 v 20:05 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
On 06. 01. 22 18:29, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 12:01 PM David Cantrell <dcantr...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 05:26:26PM +0100, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
Also note that I for one have never used 'fedpkg mockbuild' for real.  I use
plain mock.  That said, I find the error message quite appropriate in Mock,
too.

Me either.  I run mock by itself before ultimately submitting builds using
fedpkg.

I always use "fedpkg mockbuild" because it takes care of things like
fetching sources and configuring a local resultdir and such. It's nice
sugar on top of Mock itself.

Exactly. I use `fedpkg mockbuild` all the time, because it is more convenient for me. The fact that is uses the mock's configuration by default means that I can later use mock directly to do stuff like shell in or install additional packages.

The automatic `--scrub=all` after build is no starter and bad default. Also while the "resultsdir" might rarely be convenient, it would just cluttered my harddrive most of the time.

I don't think ti scrubs all. It definitively does not scrub the bootstrap chroot for example.

--
Miro Hrončok