On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 3:19 PM Lennart Poettering <mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:

> On Di, 22.02.22 14:36, Chris Murphy (li...@colorremedies.com) wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 12:34 PM Gary Buhrmaster
> > <gary.buhrmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Perhaps there are additional hints in:
> > >
> > >    systemctl show -p WantedBy,RequiredBy,After,Before
> > > network-online.target
> > >
> > > I also suspect i don't understand the
> > > problem well enough to have the correct
> > > clue to help.
> >

> > #     systemctl show -p WantedBy,RequiredBy,After,Before
> > network-online.target
> > RequiredBy=
> > WantedBy=packagekit.service dnf-makecache.timer
> > Before=shutdown.target iscsid.service kdump.service
> > dnf-makecache.service iscsi.service
>
> Are any of iscsid.service, iscsi.service, kdump.service actually
> running for you? or enabled?

None of those are running, all of them are enabled and have vendor
preset enabled as well.

kdump is coming from kexec-tools, which is installed due to anaconda
and abrt (looks like).

And the iscsi stuff is coming from iscsi-initiator-utils, which is
installed due to anaconda and gnome-boxes (looks like).

> Most importantly though, let's take one step back: the dnf thing will
> pull the service in, as mentioned, but not delay reaching of
> multi-user.target or graphical.target. So, what are you actually
> seeing?

Longer time to get to the login window. If 'rhgb quiet' are removed, I
see the red cylon eye at NetworkManager-wait-online.service for maybe
3-10 seconds depending on whether I'm booting Fedora 35 or 36 (36 has
a ton of debug stuff enabled on my setup, so everything is slower).

systemd-analyze states double the time to get to graphical.target when
NetworkManager-wait-online.service is enabled.

>Will these two targets only be reached after NM-w-o.s is
> reached? Or are they reached before it?

I see iscsi related stuff before and after NM-w-o.s;  and kdump things
running before NM-w-o.s

journalctl -b | grep 'iscsi\|NetworkManager-wait-online\|kdump'
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QhSs3v3dkQRG6hzKKyI1KGlc_La3afr4/view?usp=sharing

--
Chris Murphy