On Fri, 2022-02-25 at 08:02 -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 4:54 AM Andreas Schneider <a...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > Over the past 8 month, I've been working on getting Electron [1]
> > built on
> > Fedora. Yesterday I was finally able to do the first working build
> > for Fedora
> > Rawhide [2]. This was possible because we finally have ffmpeg [3] in
> > Fedora.
> > My use for Electron is that I want to run signal-desktop [4] on
> > Fedora. You
> > can get electron and signal-packages packages for it at [5].
> >
> > Is there interest to bring nodejs-electron into Fedora and if yes,
> > would
> > someone be interested to maintain it? I don't have the time to
> > maintain it but
> > I'm happy to help as a co-maintainer.
> >

> I think this is probably one of those things that would be worth
> forming a SIG on. An Electron SIG could help with Electron and all
> Electron-based applications that come into Fedora.

I built and use element-desktop (
https://github.com/vector-im/element-desktop#readme ) on my desktop , I
spent 2 or 3 days on hacking the build , at the end I build an rpm with
electon-builder ... conclusion we may need also pack electon-builder.

I think we can join these talks on Node.js SIG (Node.js on Fedora
<nod...@lists.fedoraproject.org> ).

I'd like pack at least nativefier, element-desktop, jitsi-meet-
electron, but I'm skeptical that it works with ffpmeg-free ...

Learn and use nodejs-packaging-bundler, maybe is one solution which was
talked on Node.js SIG
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/nod...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/44SXBQO74IZSYQNDT7DGYZYIVOD6KXMS/
BTW UnitedRPMs also have a electron package
https://github.com/UnitedRPMs/electron , it may help, I don't know,
and jitsi-meet-electron
https://github.com/UnitedRPMs/jitsi-meet-electron which need network
enabled to download sources while is building the package ...

Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.