Adam Jackson wrote:
> Turns out the support story is less bad than I thought, the simpledrm
> change was more powerful than I knew. I've updated the change again
> but the short story is vga= on kcmdline will give you just as good of
> support as UEFI framebuffer.

Or rather, as bad of support, because the obvious issue with "give me a
framebuffer and I'll draw to it" is that the framebuffer is fixed and there
is no way to change the resolution at runtime (issue which you have
correctly mentioned in the change description).

Though of course xorg-x11-drv-vesa bypasses KMS and talks directly to the
VESA BIOS to set modes.

        Kevin Kofler