On 17. 05. 22 17:06, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Dne 17. 05. 22 v 16:59 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
Thanks for the explanation. Could this be explicitly written in the change proposal?

Yes. I will amend the proposal with FAQ posted in this thread.

Awesome!

Also, when you say "after F38 branching", does that mean it will not be allowed in f35, f36 and f37 branches?

No. Old branches i.e. f35, f36 and f37 will keep using the old short names. No change there. The same for epel9-.

That is rather inconvenient. I imagine that packagers importing future-rawhide packages to epel9 will *not* bother converting the License tag back to the old form. Should we bite the bullet instead and allow a mixture? It will happen either way and by allowing it, it will be easier for those of us who care about the rules.

Do we need to %if-%else it in the spec file? I recall some discussion about this on the legal list, but I see no guidelines proposed here.

If you maintain one spec for all branches then you will need %if-%else. And yes, it works.

Well, it works of course, but it's far from being nice.

--
Miro Hrončok