Hi all,

some time ago I've built the Free Pascal Compiler [0] for EPEL9,
and recently I got the idea it might be good to do the same with
the Lazarus IDE [1]. Testing things locally with mock,
I realized that Lazarus used a macro from fpc-srpm-macros [2],
which hasn't been built for EPEL9 yet.

No biggie, I thought. I created a side tag, built fpc-srpm-macros there,
then added "BuildRequires: fpc-srpm-macros" to the Lazarus spec
and tried building it in the side tag. The build failed, and looking at
root.log, the fpc-srpm-macros package was not installed [3].

So I guess my question is, did I do something wrong,
or do srpm-macros packages need to be explicitly added to the buildroot?

Thanks in advance,
A.FI.

[0] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fpc
[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/lazarus