On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 08:39:25PM +0100, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> From the point of view of the workstation experience (with a laptop),
> I see no discussion on how this may impact hibernation. Currently, I
> have secure boot disabled essentially because I want my laptop to
> automatically hibernate (and recover from that state) whenever it is
> suspended for a number of hours. I would like to see a path forward
> here with secure boot enabled.

This proposal does NOT target bare metal, only virtual machines.
Further, it is not removing any existing functionality related
to split vmlinuz + locally generated initrds, nor is is mandating
the use of SecureBoot. IOW, there is zero impact on laptops and
hibernation, nor impact on people who choose to disable SecureBoot

With regards,
Daniel