On 2023-01-22 10:14, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On 2023-01-19 00:55, Lennart Poettering wrote:
hat you could do is split up the problem: have iscsi-starter.service
or so, that is separate from the iscsi.service main service.
I think this is the way to go.

OK, I've created https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/iscsi-initiator-utils/pull-request/10

Locally, this seems to work as expected with one exception: I changed iscsi.service to iscsi-starter.service in 90-default.preset, but iscsi-starter.service isn't enabled unless I manually enable it.  Once I do that, then I get a fast boot when /var/lib/iscsi/nodes is empty and slower when it is not.

What do I misunderstand about systemd presets?

I also notice some references in the iscsi-initiator-utils package to running in intrd, but I don't see anything relevant in dracut.

So, some work remains, and I will submit more PRs if I figure out what's needed.