On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 02:27:47PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 06:46:31PM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 6:43 PM Julian Sikorski <beleg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > FTBFS bug was filed against mame [1]. Unfortunately, the corresponding
> > > build [2] has already been deleted. This is not ideal from maintainer
> > > perspective as it effectively is a bug with no info provided whatsoever.
> > > Not to mention being quite wasteful from the resources perspective as
> > > mame builds take quite a while.
> > > While not much can be done now, can we make sure that the mass rebuild
> > > builds do not get garbage collected, or at least the build logs are
> > > saved somewhere? Thanks.
> >
> > As far as I know, at least some form of truncated build.log used to
> > get attached when FTBFS bugs were filed after a mass rebuild ... maybe
> > this time this wasn't possible, because bugs were reported *weeks*
> > after the mass rebuild?
>
> More often than not I've found the truncated build.log to be too
> truncated to be sufficiently useful. Ignoring the current problem
> of entirely missing logs, can we not attach the full *uneditted*
> build.log + root.log to bugzilla in general ?
>
> Yes, build.log can be quite large, but I've seen way bigger things
> attached to BZ, so it ought to cope surely ? I prefer plain text
> attachments, but if size is really a concern, even an xz compressed
> log is better than a truncated log.

They can be... VERY BIG. ;)

Just looking at gcc... the last f39 build on x86_64 is about 93MB.
It looks like from comments in the script that bugzilla has a 32MB
limit.

I think we used to include more or the entire thing, but people
complained that they didn't want that in the bug and could just look at
the buildsystem? So, this was a compromise.

But yeah, we could be smarter about it. Perhaps have some cutoff?

Here's the script if anyone would like to propose changes:
https://pagure.io/releng/blob/main/f/scripts/mass_rebuild_file_bugs.py

kevin