On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 12:45 AM Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 04. 04. 23 v 3:20 Richard Shaw napsal(a):
>
> I have updated my licensecount script which summarises the licenses in a
> source and uses licensecheck to output SPDX licenses instead, but they
> output the "short" form as far as I can tell, not the form that we want in
> the SPEC file.
>
> Try:
>
> licensecheck --shortname-scheme=spdx -r .
>
> this gives me *almost* the wanted result:
>
> ./rpmconf.spec: *No copyright* GPL-3
> ./bin/rpmconf: GPL-3.0-or-later
> ./rpmconf/rpmconf.py: GPL-3.0-or-later
>
> Last two lines are correct. The first line still use the short form. I
> consider it a isolated bug of licensecheck - feel free to report issue
> there.

Weird, that's the option I added but my output is different. I recently
updated... Is there some kind of supplementary package I need to install?

$ cat /usr/local/bin/licensecount
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -eq 0 ]
  then dir=$pwd
else
  dir=$1
fi

licensecheck --shortname-scheme=spdx -rm $dir | awk '{FS="\t"; print $2;}'
| sort | uniq -c | sort -gr

> Additionally, spectool does not complain that the short format for the
> license is used.
>
> I think that spectool does not complain about anything. Unless it is fatal
> parsing error. We have rpmlint and rpminspect for that. AFAIK both tool has
> been already migrated and will complain when you use short format.

Yeah...I should have gone to bed by then. I meant to use rpmlint. But it
still doesn't complain. For abi-compliance-checker:

$ grep License: *.spec
License:        LGPL-2.1+

$ rpmlint *.spec
============================================================================================================
rpmlint session starts
===========================================================================================================
rpmlint: 2.4.0
configuration:
    /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/rpmlint/configdefaults.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora-legacy-licenses.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora-spdx-licenses.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/scoring.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/users-groups.toml
    /etc/xdg/rpmlint/warn-on-functions.toml
checks: 31, packages: 1

If I can at least get these to problems fixed I don't mind resuming my
efforts.

Thanks,
Richard