On Wed, 2023-05-10 at 09:30 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Does that sound workable? Are there better ways we could do it?

        Hi,
if I recall correctly, using the custom D-Bus prefix is there to match
application's D-Bus prefix defined for the flatpak, thus:
a) the services run independently from the system, inside the sandbox;
b) they can be started without any additional effort on the Flatpak
   configuration side (because the services share the app's D-Bus
   prefix).

I briefly grepped the evolution-data-server sources and it seems that
most of the places in the .c files can be changed in runtime, but there
are places where the things can break, like the `evolution-data-
server.pc` file or the D-Bus .service files, which both reference the
D-Bus name from the compile time and those .service files are also
named by the service (otherwise there's a runtime warning in the
journal about the file not matching the service name). Those might not
be show stoppers, I guess.

By the way, when people install Evolution flatpak, they have
preinstalled evolution-ews inside it. How will they install it after
this change?

        Bye,
        Milan