The easy way is definitely pushing both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses of any service into DNS. Use at least mdns (which is not resolving also IPv6 in our default configuration sadly), which converts names to ipaddress  and back. That in my opinion is the target. To use human friendly names, not IP addresses. Sure, IPv4 are shorter and easier to type in or even spell. But we need the address bits, there is no workaround. IP addresses are not user-friendly way.

Dnsmasq for example creates name<->IP address mapping for every machine asking DHCP from it. That is the way to go. Name your machine and reference it by name from others. Avahi is a good alternative for locating your device, even when network does not do mapping to it. If some device does not insert names automatically (hello Mikrotik!), ask their vendor to fix that. Usage of IP addresses should be reduced to strictly necessary minimum. Copy & paste should help with that.

Tomorrow is IPv6 Seminar at Prague [3], I am going to attend that. I have still many questions, I am not really IPv6 guru (yet?).