I intend to retire the pvs-sbcl package soon.

First, it depends on sbcl, which has failed to build for so long that
it is on the list of packages to be retired in August.  (See
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/sbcl/pull-request/1.)

Second, the current version of pvs-sbcl (7.1) does not build
successfully with the latest sbcl version.  There has been a lot of
git activity since 2020, when 7.1 was released, so I tried building
with git HEAD.  That is when I discovered that git HEAD now downloads
a bunch of Lisp libraries during the build.  I could download them in
advance and include them as Sources, but ...

Third, pvs-sbcl by itself is not useful for why3 (the only Fedora
package that has ever required it).  There are a bunch of NASA
libraries that are necessary for it to be useful.  We have never been
able to package the NASA libraries due to license issues.  (Some years
ago, I spearheaded an effort to track down all of the contributors to
the NASA libraries and get them to agree to a permissive license.  I
got quite a few people to sign on, but was never able to reach them
all.)  For that reason, the why3 package has not required pvs-sbcl for
some years now.

If any of you formal methods afficionados want to take over
maintaining pvs-sbcl, let me know.  Otherwise I will retire it next
week.

I'm starting to feel like my job as a Fedora packager is to kill off
software that I once worked on.  First XEmacs, now PVS.  Sigh.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/