On Saturday, 08 July 2023 at 19:39, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 01:06:01PM +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> > On 06/07/2023 18:10, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> > > but the conversation about each change
> > > will take place on Fedora Discussion at
> > > https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/f40-change-request-privacy-preserving-telemetry-for-fedora-workstation-system-wide/85320
> >
> > It looks like they've started moving replies they don't like to
> > other threads to cover up the flow of resentment that comes
> > naturally to them.
> >
> > That's why switching to Fedora Discussion from the mailing lists is
> > a very bad idea: admins or RH staff can easily delete your comments
> > or bury them in another threads.
>
> Well, no. Thats not whats happening.
>
> Moving part of the discussion to another thread actually makes it MORE
> visible to other people.

If by "MORE visible" you actually mean "unaccessible", then I agree. The
opt-in/opt-out subtopic has been made private:
(mattdm) Split this topic 1 day ago

97 posts were merged into an existing topic: Opt-in / Opt-Out? A
breakout topic for the F40 Change Request on Privacy-preserving
telemetry for Fedora Workstation

and the link leads to:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/opt-in-opt-out-a-breakout-topic-for-the-f40-change-request-on-privacy-preserving-telemetry-for-fedora-workstation/85393

Which, when I visit it, says "This page does not exist or is private".

If that's how it's supposed to work then I'll stay on the mailing list,
thank you very much.

Regards,
Dominik
--