On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 10:55:15AM +0100, Mark O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 2:24 PM Maxwell G <maxw...@gtmx.me> wrote:

> > > Yeah this is really weird, I see it now in my packages too ...
> > > Earliest package created by releng-bot I could find quickly:
> > >
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rust-pyo3_0.15/c/fc77732c9f43bc7d472ae1c7de15bf9f90e2b730?branch=rawhide
> > >
> > > So indeed seems to have been this way since the start.
> >
> > Yeah, I also noticed this from the beginning and found it strange.
> > I requested some packages yesterday, and it occurred to me that maybe
> > this wasn't intentional and I should report it :).
> >

> I can explain this. When I set up a new fedora account for the releng-bot I
> just used my own email address so I could verify the account via email and
> get it set up quickly. After that I changed the address in the fedora
> account system to an @fedoraproject.org admin address but I guess the tool
> did not pick up the change from the account system.

Yeah, src.fedoraproject.org only picks up changes like that on login.
So, likely no one logged in as that user after the initial creation. ;(

Oh well, problem solved and I have updated it now...
I don't think there's much we can do about the initial commits at this
point. If we change them it would break all existing checkouts.

But mystery solved at least. :)

kevin