On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 06:23, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
> Am 23.07.23 um 00:39 schrieb Neal Gompa:
> > Actually, why wouldn't this be used everywhere?
>
> Because fwupd only works on a small set of machines?

Define small. :)

It works, for example, on any machine that has a Logitech Unifying/
Lightspeed/Nano Receiver. I used it to upgrade firmware on the three
or four dongles that I have around with a security fix (that would
require finding a Windows box and plugging them in there otherwise).

Also, UEFI dbx updates are available through fwupdmgr, which I think
affects a large set of machines (all UEFI).

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://fedoraproject.org