Dne 02. 07. 23 v 23:54 Demi Marie Obenour napsal(a):
On 6/26/23 12:00, Aoife Moloney wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AnacondaWebUIforFedoraWorkstation

This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.

== Summary ==
The new PatternFly-based UI has been developed by the Anaconda team
for some time now and we would like to make it available for users of
Fedora to enhance and modernize installation experience. As the first
step in this user adoption process, we are targeting Fedora
Workstation only.

== Owner ==

* Name: Anaconda team ([[User:jkonecny| Jiří Konečný]])

* Email: jkone...@redhat.com
* Name: Fedora Workstation SIG
* Email: desk...@lists.fedoraproject.org

== Detailed Description ==
The Anaconda team has been working on a new web-based UI for the OS
installer for some time. We would like to give users the fruits of our
work and get feedback so that we know what we need to improve or where
we should focus.
To make the adoption as painless as possible, the Fedora Workstation
was chosen as the first target so we have better control over the
environment and can have a focus. Also, Fedora Workstation has a
smaller featureset than other installation media. The adoption for the
other media later is planned too, but the exact date will be based on
feedback and our capacity allowance.
What is the reason for using a web-based UI instead of continuing to use
GTK?
Hi,

the reasons are mainly these:
- faster development (we don't have to reboot the machine for each change but just reload a page) - great CI support from the cockpit team (pixel tests support and we use their test suite with their infrastructure) - consistency with the other projects who use Pattern Fly (mainly around RHEL but not only) as Cockpit, Image Builder and more
- possibility to share modules and code with the Cockpit project
- great support from the Cockpit team
- great support from the Pattern Fly team

In overall these benefits should allow us better cooperation between teams, better integration and more stable product at the end.

Best Regards,
Jirka